Table of Contents
Maltese Grooming Kit Ideas
Popular Maltese Haircuts
1, A Maltese Short Haircut
2. The Show-Dog Cut for the Maltese Breed
- Part the hair in a straight line from the back.
- Brush it to each side (the hair should be hanging down to the feet).
- If the hair is too long and touches the floor, a quick trim might be necessary! Beware: the coat has to be long enough to hide your dog’s toes – as per competition rules.
- Here’s a nice finishing touch: keep hair out of your pet’s eyes with a bow of your choice!
3. The Maltese Scissor Cut
4. The Maltese Korean Cut
- Start at the middle of the back.
- Gently shave the hair until you get to the waist.
- You’ll also want to use some thinning shears to blend the facial hair under the muzzle.
5. A Maltese Teddy Bear Cut
The cute Teddy Bear Cut has been adopted for a number of breeds. For example, The Cockapoo Teddy Bear Cut is equally as adorable.
6. Fluffy Legs and Feet on the Maltese Dog
DOG CARE Dog Grooming Kit – 2022 Upgrade Smart 3-Mode Heavy-Duty Dog Grooming Clippers with Rechargeable 180-mins Battery, Sharp and Detachable Blade, Low Noise, Cordless Design, Auxiliary Light, Gray
- Start off by brushing your dog’s hair before trimming around the feet.
- Make sure the shears are parallel to the hard surface you are using.
How to Cut Maltese Hair with Scissors
Additional Tips on Maltese Haircuts
You might also like to check official breeder and kennel guidelines. Depending on your location, one of these links can help:
Which Maltese Haircuts Do You Prefer?
Just as cute as the Maltese breed is the Havanese breed. If you are looking to make a comparison, check out our post on How to Do the Havanese Puppy Cut.
After Seeing How to Cut Maltese Hair for 6 Styles, Which is Your Preference?