All dog breeds require a certain amount of grooming, even low-shedding breeds. I don’t know of a breed that doesn’t need bathing from time to time, some a lot more than others.
But when you look at the stats, it’s amazing to see how many different dog breeds require extensive grooming and of course clipping.
With the help of DIY dog grooming guides, you can start to master various clips and hairstyles.
Learn to Groom Different Dog Breeds
We are currently adding to our tips for different dog breeds, but so far, you can find the following comprehensive list of articles that feature grooming specifics on the listed breeds.
Dog Breeds that Require Extensive Grooming
- Airedale Terrier Grooming Guide
- Bedlington Terrier Grooming
- Bichon Frise – grooming tips, books & equipment needed
- Border Collies – How to Groom a Border Collie at home
- Chow Chow – grooming tips & tools
- Cocker Spaniel Grooming Styles – a comprehensive guide
- German Shepherds – managing the German Shepherd Coat
- Golden Retriever Grooming – Includes video
- Havanese Grooming Styles such as the Teddy Bear Cut or Puppy Cut
- Husky Grooming – includes videos
- Labradoodle – includes book, video & links to tools
- Papillon Grooming Routine
- Pekingese Styles such as the Teddy Bear Cut
- Poodle Groomng Styles & Other Tips – includes link to DVD & an additional DVD collection
- Schnauzer – includes link to DVD
- Shih Tzu
- Welsh Terrier Grooming Guide – includes video
- Westies Grooming Guide on How to Groom a Westie – includes link to DVD
- Yorkie Grooming
Keep posted for additional articles as they are added.
Not sure which breed your dog is? Then there are some ideas that can point you in the right direction, including the idea of using a dog DNA test.